We understand that running a farm is one of the most time-consuming jobs and that paperwork can get in the way. Many of our lawyers and staff have farming backgrounds and this assists us in bringing a practical approach to your farming related matters.
We regularly act on behalf of clients in relation to the following matters:-
- The sale and purchase of farms;
- Farm leases;
- Reviewing milk supply contracts;
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating dairy share farming agreements;
- Livestock mortgages;
- Farm succession planning (including assisting clients with establishing discretionary farming trusts);
- Family farm transfers (which are often able to be completed free of any stamp duty);
- Leases for the installation of towers on farm property by telephone and internet providers; and
- Disputes regarding sharefarmers, leases, fences, farm machinery, ownership of stock or other property, adverse possession and more.